Wedding days are a wonderful day for the bride and groom. They finally get to stand before each other and promise to love and protect each other for the rest of their lives. But wedding days can also be full of stress and worry (shocker right?). This is exactly why I carry an emergency kit with me to every wedding I attend.
Not that long ago I was at a beautiful wedding where everything was going right. We made it through the ceremony, photos, and the dinner before my handy emergency kit was needed. Right before the dances the bride wanted to bustle her dress up so that she had the ability to move and could actually dance. Her beautiful dress was fine until the very end of their first dance as husband and wife. Her dress caught on something on the floor and her bustle broke. This made it very difficult for her to dance with her sweet grandpa for their special dance. Right after their dance I ran and grabbed my emergency kit and was able to safety pin her dress up so she could dance the rest of the night away and enjoy her evening.
I know this doesn't seem like much but as a bride, being able to enjoy your wedding stress free is a huge deal. I know it is not my "job" to be the person prepared for all emergencies but I would rather have all the little things for if something does go wrong than allow a sweet bride to have something derail her whole day. Anyone can make one of these emergency kits and have it on hand for a wedding. I bought some cute little tackle boxes and everything I need for my kit fits in those.
- Small brush or comb
- Travel deodorant
- Sample spritzer of your favorite perfume
- Nail file
- Oil blotting sheets for your face: I love them because they take the shine away without loading on another layer of makeup.
- Clear nail polish
- Eyelash glue if you're wearing falsies
- A bottle of nail polish that matches your mani/pedi, in case they chip.
- Bobby pins and/or hair ties
- Advil or any other necessary meds.
- Travel Hairspray
- Handheld Mirror
- Travel Lotion
- Extra Contacts if needed
- Solemates heel protectors – especially if you're having an outdoor wedding!
- Lint roller
- Static guard
- Fashion tap
- Tide To Go pen, Shout Wipes, baby powder, and/or white chalk to remove or hide any stains
- Sole inserts for high heels (your feet will thank me).
- Sewing kit (this will include mini scissors and safety pins!)
- Extra jewelry and earring backs, in case anyone forgets their accessories or something breaks and you need a replacement.
- Flip flops for dancing
- Super glue
- Breath mints. You could even pack a travel-sized toothbrush and toothpaste or floss if you want.
- Baby wipes or makeup remover wipes
- Anti blister balm
- A healthy snack, in case you get hungry pre-ceremony.
- Mini first aid kit
- Tissue packs
- Water bottles
- Super glue
- Bug spray
- Static guard